To plan, direct and coordinate the procurement activities of a mechanical, electrical and plumbing installations’ stores.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Stores Administrator to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases. This vacancy is for a full-time post.
Reporting to the General Manager, the job incumbent will be mainly required to:
• Manage all the procurement related activities for the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing divisions.
• Track the most reliable and cost-effective suppliers.
• Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms.
• Follow and check on the ordering of necessary goods and services.
• Finalise details of orders and deliveries.
• Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
• Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
• Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
• Identify new suppliers
• Conduct the appropriate stock takes of those consumables and tools on site and the main stores.
• Keep an accurate inventory of all tools and equipment whilst tracking their movements.
• Be able to conduct weekly usage against stock inspections on the different sites and main stores
• Keeping up to date on a day-to-day basis all the relevant inputting of all incoming and outgoing invoices respectively.
- Any other responsibilities or other work which may arise from time to time according to
the exigencies of the service.
Qualifications & Experience
• A degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent though not necessary will be considered as an asset
• Maltese Driving license is compulsory
• Proven track record of working in such an environment is essential
• Other Certifications in stores management or similar will also be given due consideration
• Computer literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications
• Good knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
• Strong negotiation and effective networking skills
• Aptitude in decision-making, working with numbers and analysing data
• Capable of working well under pressure and being result oriented
• Always operate with integrity and objectivity
A good remuneration package inclusive of performance related bonuses will be offered to the ideal candidate.