Senior Electrical Projects Engineer
AG Installations Ltd. is an established company with more than sixteen years of experience and employing 70 employees. We specialise in electrical and mechanical installations of exceptional quality for residential, commercial and industrial needs.
Our firm is swiftly expanding and as part of this expansion, a vacancy has arisen in our Engineering department for the post of a Senior Electrical Engineer.
The post is a permanent position and we are looking for the following requirements:
- Overlook and lead, all the small to medium projects when needed, as well as to the large projects both on- site and office work coordination and implementation.
- Assisting in meetings both on project sites and upon final negotiation processes.
- Co-ordinating design and built meetings with the Company’s personnel and subcontractors, conducting productive program of works with profitable margins.
- Giving basic training to all assistants, whilst preparing and co ordinating weekly technical office project management meetings.
- Overlooking all the MEP operations.
- Monitoring tendering processes when needed, ordering and negotiating materials when is needed, traveling for fairs and liaise with local suppliers when is needed (very rare & occasionally).
- Preparing bills targeted towards monthly works in progress.
- Managing the WIP (works in progress report) every end of month, by fixing the dates each month when the small to medium department inputs the sales per site, the large site, verifying all inputting of the sales per site whilst reviewing all documentation before sending out to the accounts department for the official internal accounting processes.
- Co ordinating and preparing drawings when needed, assisting in recruitment processes for the technical area, checking in detail all tender contracts and signatures.
- Co ordinating sub-contractors when needed and also with the Company’s Mechanical Engineering Consultant.
- Certify electrical projects when a warranted engineer is needed. Coordinate certifications with other warranted engineers both inhouse and those subcontracted.
Educational & Professional Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (with a warrant as a minimum qualification) and with a relevant and sound experience in Mechanical Engineering designs. Graduates from the University of Malta, MCAST and Ex- Fellenberg alumni will only be considered due to local work standards and applications which candidates need to be very familiar with.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in MEP project-based management and hands-on experience.
- Expert knowledge of MEP fitting strategies and techniques, and construction contracts, FIDIC and/ or British Standards and regulations will be highly considered.
- Strong MS Office skills and advanced knowledge of construction estimating software programs.
To apply: Interested applicants must send their CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to AG Installations Ltd, Triq ic-Cawsli, Qormi QRM3901