Junior Mechanical Engineer
AG Installations Ltd. is an established company with more than twenty years of experience and employing 100 employees. We specialise in electrical and mechanical installations of exceptional quality for residential, commercial and industrial needs.
Our firm is swiftly expanding and as part of this expansion, a vacancy has arisen in our Engineering department for the post of a Junior Mechanical Engineer.
The post is a permanent position and we are looking for the following requirements:
- Assist Operations to prepare and review mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) designs for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist Operations to prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and general piping system.
- Assist Operations to analyse Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Assist Operations to prepare and review costing (quotations, tenders, and B.O.Qs) for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aspects – as the need arises.
- Assist Operations to provide MEP budget/cost estimates (viability appraisals) for projects.
- Assist Operations to monitor and control project cost estimates and ensure that the right specification in line with approved designs is deployed on the projects.
- Assist Operations to review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent.
- Assist Operations to review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers.
- Assist Operations to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
- Assist Operations to undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods
- Assist Operations to oversee on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing, and other testing that may be required during the first fix works.
- Assist Operations to attend project, site progress, and any mechanical services-related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
- Assist Operations to provide advice to the management regarding any mechanical services related to variable costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the works
- Assist Operations to carry out other duties assigned to him/her.
Educational & Professional Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering either from MCAST or the University of Malta
- Licensed as a professional engineer
- Knowledge of basic design and calculation software
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in using MS Office.
- Qualifies himself/herself as a good communicator
To apply: Interested applicants must send their CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to AG Installations Ltd, Triq ic-Cawsli, Qormi QRM3901