Junior Electrical Engineer
AG Installations Ltd. is an established company with more than sixteen years of experience and employing 70 employees. We specialise in electrical and mechanical installations of exceptional quality for residential, commercial and industrial needs.
Our firm is swiftly expanding and as part of this expansion, a vacancy has arisen in our Engineering department for the post of a Junior Electrical Engineer.
The post is a permanent position and we are looking for the following requirements:
- Ability to assist the Operations in the overall design of Electrical systems & deliverables, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Tender Design / Documentation(including Technical Specifications, BOQ, Schedules and Drawings under the supervision of the Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Perform calculations and prepare mark-ups as indicated by management
- Use AutoCAD to help the draughtsperson with electrical modelling
- Ready to learn new MEP design concepts
- Willing to be trained on and work on newer Electrical Design Software
- Communicate with clients in written and spoken English and Maltese
- Open to work odd hours if required to meet deadlines
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback
- Assist Operations in project management
- Assist Operations in ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings
- Assist Operations in establishing construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations
- Assist Operations by ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities
- Learning to write reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Assisting in estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation
- Ability to work in a team
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in using MS Office
- Qualifies himself/herself as a good communicator.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering either from MCAST or the University of Malta.
- Licensed as a professional engineer
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electrical engineering
- Knowledge of basic design and calculation software
To apply: Interested applicants must send their CV with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to AG Installations Ltd, Triq ic-Cawsli, Qormi QRM3901