Job Vacancy: MEP Foreperson
AG Installations Ltd. is an established company with more than twenty years of experience and employing around 100 employees. We specialise in electrical and mechanical installations of exceptional quality for residential, commercial and industrial needs. Our firm is swiftly expanding and as part of this expansion we are presently recruiting in our Operations Department an MEP Foreperson The post is a permanent position, and we are looking for the following requirements:
A foreperson is responsible for ensuring that everything goes smoothly at a construction site. They are responsible for being the point of contact between the workers and supervisors. A few of the main duties of a foreperson are coordinating tasks for the day, creating schedules for workers, oversee quality of the site, and managing the budget. They also have to report the progress of the project to superiors.
- Report project progress to superiors
- Develop a work schedule for workers
- Supervise all site workers
- Be the liaison between construction workers and supervisors
- Solve disputes between workers
- Ensure that a project is adequately staffed
- Assign tasks to construction workers
- Ensure that the project is staying on or under budget
- Assist in organizing workers, machinery, tools as well as materials required for the assigned project
- Oversee the assigned project work activities
- Make sure work is conducted accurately based on the set plans as well as specifications
- Make sure contractor activities are coordinated properly
- Ensure work is completed on time and to the required standards
- Maintain health and safety at all times on the site
- Prepare regular reports on the project progress and present them to the management
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications such as licence A and/or licence B will be regarded as an important asset.
- MEP expertise gained by years of experience would be duly considered.
- Should have more than 5 years of experience working as a foreperson preferably in MEP projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Should be able to read drawings, plans as well as blueprints
- Must have good supervisory and leadership skills
A very attractive salary will be offered to the successful applicant.