Accounts and Administration Clerk
AG Installations Ltd. is an established company with more than 20 years of experience and today employing 100 employees. We specialise in electrical and mechanical installations of exceptional quality for residential, commercial and industrial needs.
The post is a permanent position, and we are looking for the following requirements:
- Performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in support of the company’s various departments, to include posting entries, verifying and reconciling input to financial reporting system output, processing payments, and/or assisting in preparation of billings and other financial reports.
- Responds to inquiries and contacts other departments and/or vendors to resolve issues that may arrive from time to time.
- Assists in performance of various clerical duties.
- Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions; reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and inputs money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
- Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents; distributes and files financial documents and reports.
- Answers telephones, opens and logs mail, meets and greets visitors, and assists in other clerical functions; may arrange travel and meetings and coordinate office security and key control.
- Sorts documents; codes, logs, reviews for accuracy; matches supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verifies invoices for payment.
- Contacts debtors regularly and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing; refers complex issues for solution.
- Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Prepares purchasing, travel, personnel, or related documents.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be conversant in both the English and Maltese languages, spoken and written
- High school diploma or similar; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A qualification in accounting at O or A ‘Level standard will be considered as an asset. This may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices.
- Basic data entry and word processing skills as well as being conversant with the use of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative reports
- Ability to use an automated accounting system such as (Sage).
- Ability to use an automated inventory system.